View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 26, 2008, 1:49 PM

duckz...relax
lsu boy...welcome to the montgomery forum, i appreciate your input and totally understand what you are saying about RSA, i hate the tower and i am not a fan of the judicial building in that site either.

bogue..the city hasn't released the rendering that actually looks the best. t is a greek revival style similar to the capital but it has a truncated dome to keep in scale a little better with that end of dexter. the historic buildings on that end of the street are all 3 stories and under until you get to the regions building, so a shorter building would be better. the red brick rendering was meant to be similar to samford hall at auburn to please the board member that is also on the board at auburn.

hopefully this project will go forward. unfortunately Bronner doesn't support moving it the the other end of Dexter. His plan, and it isn't a good one, would be to close off union street behind the capital and build across. we all know what happens when you close a street though.....destruction of street life...downfall of surrounding properties....perception that downtown is difficult to navigate...frustration for drivers....so they quit coming downtown.