View Single Post
Old Posted May 31, 2012, 1:34 PM

I've actually found this season they rely a lot less on solo home runs as they did in previous seasons. If you look at Bautista's season when he hit 54 home runs, the vast majority were solo home runs, as many of the players just couldn't get on base before he was up. Conversely, in the times when they would get players on base, more often than not they'd leave them stranded. This has happened a few times this season, but I don't see it as a pandemic on the team like it had been in the past.

Also in past seasons they were definitely a "score more runs than the other team to win games" team, whereas this season their pitching (specifically their rotation) is a LOT better, and their closers are better too (despite how many blown saves Cordero has).

It really sucks that Morrow was nailed in the middle of a ridiculously good game, but at least it's not more serious than a shin contusion. I remember when Halladay was nailed and he was out for 6 weeks.

But, as much as I see their improvement this year, games like the series in Texas shows me how far away they are from a World Series.

Small steps.