View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 19, 2013, 10:10 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dac150 View Post
Ah geez . . . I suppose I spoke too soon - nonetheless, reading some of that gave me a laugh . . . the whole 'how dare you' drama in particular. I suppose you can't please everyone.
Yeah, some of it is funny. With everything going on in the world, this is the battle they want to fight. Back when fashion week was held at Bryant Park, you could understand some of the complaints, because it took up the entire park. But here, for the relatively small amount of open space the "removable" shed would occupy, not to mention that the site is currently an open railyard those people can't use one day out of the year, those NIMBYs should be told they can go jump in the Hudson River. It's a development for the City as a whole, not their own private backyards.

Quote:
"A lot of us are interested in culture, it's a nice sounding word," said board member Jean-Daniel Noland. "I don't want to nitpick, but what's not cultural? A boat show? A culinary exhibit? I define culture more narrow than perhaps you do."

"This is doing one thing we're clear about, it is taking 20,000 square feet of open-to-the-air open space, and it's gone," said Restuccia, who was heavily involved with the original Hudson Yards rezoning. "How dare you come and ask us to give up 20,000 square feet when we went through a whole process to get this mess."
How dare you, indeed.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.