View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 3, 2019, 4:13 AM
Adoptive Chicagoan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leveled View Post
Someone needs to get drunk, steal a bulldozer, and remake the east<>west roads down there.
I understand that, at least with CAT, all machines, at least within a class (like all bulldozers), share the same key. Yes, I mean *all*. LockPickingLawyer talks about it in one of his YouTube videos.

So, that said, you provide the liquor and someone track down a key, and I'll get to work ... ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardecila View Post
^ Interesting. Solis won't be around by the time this thing needs to get approved, though. Whoever ultimately okays this thing will be one of four young Latinx Millennials, who may not have the heart to tell Dearborn Park mothers to kick rocks.

From an engineering standpoint, it's not impossible to build platforms on a slope or on a curve. I saw several stations in NYC recently with a noticeable slope to the platform. But I do agree that the station box will have to extend beneath Clark and onto the CTA's property at the southeast corner even if it doesn't cross the line of 15th.
Plenty of places have stations on inclines - I've seen them in at least three subway systems. I can't speak to the braking system, though. And don't the Sheridan and Loyola stops on the Red Line have at least slight curves to their platforms? And there's that abandoned curved station in the Ike median - former Kostner?

Does anyone know if they'll be digging out platforms long enough for at least ten-car trains? I would hope so since, if the north Red Line ridership grows the way the CTA thinks it might, they'll probably want to run ten-car trains shortly after finishing the RPM project(s).
[/SIZE]