View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 2, 2017, 3:10 AM
somewhere in-between

Fifth location for Water Street Coffee Joint will be drive-thru only

This is super-small development news, but Water Street Coffee Joint, which is held in much greater esteem than Starbucks by many Kalamazooans, will be opening its fifth location this summer on the busy South Sprinkle Road. The foundation work is underway now. You can see in the photos the miniscule footprint that this building will have. Although it is going to just be a tiny drive through along this busy arterial road, I think it's probably a positive for that area, and a sign of increased pace of development near the Sprinkle Rd / I-94 area.

Image Source: MLive

Quote:
Fifth location for Water Street Coffee Joint will be drive-thru only
By Al Jones, via MLive
March 28, 2017

KALAMAZOO, MI - Water Street Coffee Joint plans to open its fifth location this summer on Sprinkle Road. It will be a drive-thru only location on a busy stretch of Sprinkle Road, at 2603 S. Sprinkle Road. The business, which sells fresh-brewed coffees and espressos as well as salads, soups, shakes, smoothies, made-from scratch foods, sandwiches, desserts and treats, is in the process of converting a small site formerly used by the Miller's Smoke House.

Just to share, I found images of the other four current locations on Water Street Coffee Joint's website.

Image: Water Street Coffee Joint's original location - opened Downtown in 1993 on the corner of Kalamazoo Ave and Water St. The building dates back to 1934 and was originally a service station.

Image: Water Street Coffee Joint's second location - opened summer 2003 on the corner of Oakland Drive and Whites Road in the Oakwood neighborhood.

Image: Water Street Coffee Joint's third location - opened 2010 in the main atrium of Borgess Medical Center on Gull Road.

Image: Water Street Coffee Joint's fourth location - opened January 2015 on the corner of Shaver Rd. and Centre Ave. in Portage.

Image: A painting of the original Water Street location, I believe the artist is Joe Vanderbos.

Now go back to looking at skyscrapers on a different thread.

Last edited by deja vu; Jun 9, 2017 at 11:34 PM.