View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 8, 2011, 5:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manny_santos View Post
UWO and London are heavily dominated by Tim Hortons, in fact when I still worked there were about 18 on campus. I don't know where on campus ME works but the Social Science Centre/University Community Centre complex alone has three. I have heard London has more Tim Hortons per capita than anywhere else in Ontario, and possibly all of Canada.

UWO itself has a couple kiosks selling Starbucks coffee, but they serve the coffee out of huge vats and it is not uncommon for the coffee to be hours old. There is also the cafe area of The Spoke, but I always found its sanitary standards to be extremely low. (Ever had an employee sneeze on their hands, wipe their nose, and then proceed to touch your food?)

Tim Hortons has very limited competition in London. Country Style has all but disappeared, and Robin's Donuts fell like dominoes as Tim Hortons opened near them. Angelo's was one of the few local chains but it went bankrupt in the fall. There are two remaining local chains, The Little Red Roaster and Sebastian's, but they are both overpriced.
18 Tim's on campus???? HOLY SHIT!

Here in Grande Prairie we have 5 Tim's in a metro of 70,000 and I believe we have 5 Starbucks as well

This whole argument about which is better is insane, I don't see how anyone on Earth can enjoy black coffee

Since our household got a Tassimo coffeemaker there is no need to rush to Tim's or Starbucks in the mornings anymore