Thread: Downtown Canada
View Single Post
Old Posted May 8, 2018, 3:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralLeeTPHLS View Post
Rathburn is iffy because it's such a dumpy road. It looks like the suburbs of London on the north side for most of the "downtown" stretch, without looking much better on the south side. The 403 is too north I'd say......maybe if the city redeveloped those commercial lots next to the highway you could call that "downtown". I gotta wonder what Laval's downtown is like as a comparative model haha.

PSV is a fair project in its own right....I like the idea of narrow roads, even though those roads are still fairly well sized. The parking on the sides is what makes the road so bad IMO. WAY too much underground parking.....but Missingsausage has some high standards.

I'm unsure of what the boundaries of Hamilton would be.....it's a bit tough since the boundaries can be quite subjective depending on ones view.

I must wonder then what constitutes as Brampton's downtown......whatever that is.
Ya I just mean widen the lanes but not add extra lanes.

Brampton I did earlier in the thread. Basing that mostly on housing stock.

Hamilton I'm not familiar with enough. But ya that could be quite comparable to TO in terms of what neighborhood is or isn't. As in a few of them to debate I'd imagine.