View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 25, 2012, 2:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eidolon View Post
I'd say that 57th street will overtake 42nd street when this, 432 Park, One57 and 225 W 57th are all done. 42nd street will get to return to the spotlight when somehting spectacular begins to rise there after the midtown rezoning goes through.
I actually don't think 42nd street comes any close to what 57th street will be by the end of the decade. I can only think of 2 towers on 42nd that make an impact on the skyline and are architecturally relevant, Chrysler and 1 Bryant Park ( u could count the UN building but that's not really on 42nd). 57th street however will have a more powerful impact on the skyline and the architecture is way more striking; One57, 432 Park, 225 west 57th, the Pyramid, Carnegie tower and the Metropolitan tower, and that's not even counting this tower and 250 east 57th which are still in the works. 42nd might be more popular but I think 57th will be unrivaled as far as its architecture and its impact on the skyline....unless they ever pass those zoning changes in midtown of course.