View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 12, 2017, 2:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesh222 View Post
If we're not going to actually discuss and look at renders and just say "wait and see" then that kinda defeats the purpose of this board, no?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nylkoorB View Post
I agree and I'm wondering what the general consensus is on the gold and silver. I really like it and I agree with Streetscraper that it's a perfect balance between subtle and explicit (according to the renderings). I honestly didn't even notice the color change for a while and it seems many other people did not either. Some people even thought it was just sunlight which I think speaks for the subtleness of it. But at the same time some people seem to be very against it. I think it adds a nice twist and some extra character to the design of the building.

Thoughts?

In my opinion, I love that the top will turn to gold and silver, classic colors that will make this building stand out even more (especially with all the taller scrapers rising around it).

Can you imagine 111 W 57th in this scene (below), soaring well above Verre, forming a tight, dense, step-wise pinnacleā€¦ elegant architecture and gold accents playing off each other, and both playing off the lush greens of the park and surroundingsā€¦