View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 12, 2012, 4:49 PM
Honored Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kph06 View Post
I've been slow this weekend. The tour was great, thanks to NS Power and Aaron for setting it up! There were seven of us total. The inside is really quite nice and very bright. There aren't any office or cubicles right on the exterior glass walls, so most of the pathways are along the edge, so everyone there gets to take advantage of the great views. They left the cut outs of the the old chimney's in the main atrium and used them as skylights which was a cool feature. I didn't grab too many pictures, which I now regret, but below are the few I did.

This is the old turbine room, which became the Electopolis sound stage and what will become the new Discovery Centre. I thought this was a really cool room, the photo's really don't do it justice, it is a huge space.
Thank you for posting the pictures kph06. It will be interesting to see the old Electropolis sound stage converted into the Discovery Centre. When do you think the conversion will begin? I think it is supposed to open in 2013, so I am guessing that work might have to begin this year.