View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 20, 2009, 7:21 PM

[Hmmm...the image wouldn't show. Here's a link...]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/33649407@N06/3840735962/

Here's my vision of how the Skytrain system should look once the Evergreen line is built and the Millennium line is completed.

Given the large number of commuters moving between town centres (outside of downtown Vancouver), having the Evergreen line go from Coquitlam to Surrey makes sense.

The Millennium line is the true East-West rapid transit connector, going all the way from Coquitlam to UBC, meeting up with the Expo line at Commercial/Brodway, and the Canada Line at Broadway/City Hall.

I'd really like to see a spur that goes through the West End--a lot of people live there!. It doesn't have to be the Canada Line (as I've drawn). Now that I think of it, the Expo Line may be better. So, every 2nd train leaving from King George (or further when the Surrey extension is built) branches off at Stadium, heading SW to Davie/Burrard, Davie/Denman, Stanley Park, and Waterfront.

(P.S. Sorry for the sloppiness of the pic, but I don't have a lot of time so I just used a map I found on the Internet (from Wikipedia, I think) and touched it up with MS Paint.

Last edited by mrjauk; Aug 20, 2009 at 7:23 PM. Reason: Image wouldn't attach