View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 9, 2023, 9:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingque View Post
New Orleans is in need of more office development across the metro area. You have to give a little and create demand. I'm in Atlanta, a city notorious for overbuilding. There are a good number of buildings downtown that barely have people in them, yet new offices are popping up consistently across the metro area and business is good. This is normal in most major cities. If you build it, they will come.

Do like the rest of the country, build anew and if there's space available downtown or wherever, convert it to housing. Major companies want new buildings/amenities. I'm willing to bet that if Shell wasn't getting a new office building, they would've packed up and moved those 1,000 jobs right on over to Houston.
Oh I know what you are trying to say. A lot of companies see the traditional scrapers and old 1970s suburban office parks as stodgy so like the new modern campus type developments, such as what is popping up in the River District. Just the other side of the coin is its a lot of empty space to fill - its not a city flush with a big corporate presence like Atlanta.