View Single Post
Old Posted May 25, 2017, 3:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draftsman View Post
Does anyone know the status of the Loblaws warehouse? Has it reached its full potential (ie: 1500 employees)? Or is it operating at less than expected volume? I can see Pinkie Road from my high-rise and I don't seem to see as many trucks travelling down this road. But then again, I don't spend much time looking.
I back onto the bypass between Albert & Lewvan - there are a lot more Loblaws semis going by than any other branded semi. Not scientific - there are a hundred reasons why Loblaws would have more semis on this section of highway than WalMart, Safeway, McDonalds, etc... not to mention the use of leased (aka lacking corporate branding) rigs. But, I was in the house before Loblaws' warehouse opened, and I'm quite certain their traffic volume has increased massively.

(I realize this also doesn't answer your fundamental question about full potential/capacity... I don't know what the volume would look like if it was undercapacity vs. at capacity. I do know that I see A LOT of Loblaws semis)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
I thought they were still behind? If they had a strong, effective, and more centrist leader, they'd be way out in front by this time though...
New poll came out today that has the NDP in the lead (49% to 40%). But polls haven't exactly been accurate in the past 5+ years. If they were, the Wildrose would be leading Alberta; Justin might have a minority (at best); Britain wouldn't be leaving the EU; and the Americans' Cheezie with hair would still be golfing, but wouldn't have access to the launch codes.