View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 27, 2007, 5:09 PM

It's the CHP HQ going out where their training facility is currently? That's east of I-8 I 0 and no where near the downtown riverfront.

"The office market seems very strong in Sacramento but the residential is tough."

As the recent Bee's article indicated and others have said the central city is different from the suburbs. The very fact that there was no precedent for highrise living anywhere in Sacramento is what made it seem that much more viable. It's unfortunate that the players and timing was such that they did not get off the ground. However, as far as I can tell there's still a lot of people who are wanting to move into the central city. Their demise actually helped, or will help, a lot of smaller infill projects u/c or planned. So in a way it

Sacramento has a few older midrise apartments (10-15 floors) so it's not that big a jump in scale. The one thing these towers did do is show that the public is very accepting of a larger scale. I know many will disagree with me but I believe downtown needs a little more sprucing up and few more smaller infill projects before it's ready to build 30-50 story highrise condos.