View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 3, 2008, 12:53 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterloowarrior View Post
here's one in cornwall we haven't talked about yet... it's called "Circle Square" and it's on an old Domtar construction materials site (Brookdale and Ninth St area, across from the Brookdale Mall). It potentially features a Lowe's, multiple drivethroughs, sea of parking, etc.

So the province and the city are subsidizing cleanup of the site so the developer can build a power centre!
Having being involved in a couple of development projects in Corntown, this plan would go through like clockwork. The Planning Dep't may not be enamoured of it, but local Councillors and people in general would love the big box idea. Pitt Street has been a disaster at times (especially when it was pedestrian only.....many stores closed), and Brookfield is an ugly craptastic street where a lot of retail has gravitated to.

I think I've been past this property but it doesn't stick in my mind....you can reach it from the roundabout in town (the one that nobody knows how to signal on....but that is a rant for another day).

I believe that there is a Home Depot further to the north which Lowe's would compete with. Would this be the 1st Lowe's in eastern Ontario.