View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 17, 2014, 5:12 PM

I am a bit confused about the Hudson Spire. I know that it is supposed to be only 1.2 million square feet, but what is limiting it to that amount? Cant it be built taller or wider, or both? Also, if Chase were to want to move into 2 WTC, would they have enough room in just that tower? Would they be forced to share it with other tenants? Sorry if some of my questions seem really stupid...i'm not as experienced with this stuff as you guys are.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
^ They're up next, but even that site doesn't have as much space as Chase apparently wants. In my mind, the only other alternative would be Manhattan West. But it seems that Chase is looking to come in and swoop up the property, then build it's own tower. Maybe Related can let those two sites go, and begin the focus more on the western half of the railyards where it has another large office tower planned. That's not supposed to kick off until the four towers of the first phase are complete, but things seem to be accelerating.

On the other hand, there's tower 2 at the WTC, and maybe some space in towers 3 and 5 that could make up a campus. But that's complicated, because Chase seems to want to own it's tower. The midtown east rezoning is too far off, and doesn't really offer towers with the amount of space Chase is seeking. And you know Jersey is waiting with open arms.