View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 6, 2007, 8:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastperspective View Post
Considering the neighbors really want this left undeveloped, I can't see anyone proposing anything of height here. My guess- three-story townhomes. If lucky, possibly a midrise (no more than six-stories) at the rear of the site closest to downtown. I think many of the typical local suspects will put in a proposal: Savarino, Ellicott, and Marrano. Maybe even MJ Peterson, Forbes, Uniland, Norstar. The City should have a public forum where all the proposals are displayed and may the best design win. It'll be interesting to see who bites, and if any come in from out-of-town. It is a small site- probably 25-30 units max.
BUFFALOVE is right. This site has been crying out for a 20-30 story tower for decades. Nothing else should even be concidered. I cant believe how developers punk out when folks in the hood start singing the same old tired tune, "it will block out the sun" "my plants", "more green space"...MORE BULL~SHIT!

The difference is, these silly complaints happen in every city, but there seems to be an abillity to roll right over them in other cities. Not in Buffalo. I have never seen such "Skyline Hate" in all my life, and Ive got some wiskers. UnBILLievable! (ok..GO BILLS )