View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 6, 2011, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by big T View Post
actually montreal does not have one either. both montreal and toronto have rather large, succesful forums of their own (urbantoronto and mtlurb).
while urbantoronto seems like an okay place, mtlurb is a strange mix of nice, thoughtful individuals with a genuine interest in urban issues and complete douchebags. i wish mtl still had enough active forumers to warrant its own subsection here, but most of the contingent left years ago.
Yes, but there is an actual thread at least for Montréal. Toronto, last I recall, has nothing. Even if Toronto has a low number of forumers, being a large and impressive city, I don't see why non Torontonians wouldn't take a gander at Toronto-specific threads once in a while.

MTLURB sounds similar to C2E. Many passionate and thoughtful folks, but also a lot of annoying people (not so much douches). That could be why there is still an adequate Edmonton following on SSP, as I know most like SSP for it's more sane discussions and less annoying people. I wonder why more from MTLURB (the thoughful folks with genuine interest you speak of) don't also get accounts on SSP to get away from that.