View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 11, 2003, 7:03 AM
BANNED

Man, you are overflowing with good news, aren't you Mark?

I was downtown yesterday (I went to Borders to pick up the new John Mayer CD, of course) and Cathedral Place is nearly finished. The tower's facade is 2/3rds complete, and the parking garage portion's facade appears to be complete already, unless they're adding glass to cover up the interiors...which I kind of hope they do.

The condo boom is definately big here...very exciting times. 1522 was just completed a few months ago (hey, didja know that Halle Berry's movin' into the top two floors?), and Kilbourne is getting ready to go up...funny, but I year ago, there were a few Milwaukee forumers who doubted that even that would make it to the construction phase, much less the then-renderingless University Club Tower. Honestly, I can't remember if I did or not...lol. It's just too bad that RiverTower fell by the wayside. That was a cool-lookin' building. Ah, well. Life goes on, and the Park East goes down (yay!). Things are lookin' good from where I'm sitting.

Ironically enough, I happen to be sitting in a building facing north, so I really can't see anything I was just talking about. But you got what I meant. Um...yeah. This is what happens when I don't sleep, kids.