View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 4, 2010, 2:11 AM

Yes the cargo tonnage has also gone up at other airport, it only makes sense, If its in gone up at Hamilton airport its probably gone up at other airports too since most of the cargo into and out of Hamilton is domestic.

So the question would be Are the other airports benifiting from Hamilton or vice versa.

I would say a bit of both. Hamilton has been larger aircraft the last year or so. Kelowna Flightcraft has brought in Larger aircraft. They used to only fly cargo in 727 but now they also use DC-10s.

Cargojet also used to just have 727 not they have 2 767 and one 757.

Also Cargo jet flights to Poland almost every weekend with cargo from that nation. Also DHL moved there flight from the US to YYZ to YHM. In addition to this the last few months have seen an increase in Cargo flights shipping Car Parts up from detroit. Yes thats right car parts for the car that are apparently going extinct.

Anyway I don't know how much research anyone actually does before ripping on the airport.

Also what makes an airport successful The number of passenger flights or whether or not its making money?

One last thing no matter how you look at it the airport has grown a lot since the late 90s. I remember a time as a kid when there were only 4 19 seater flight to pittsburgh per day and one UPS flight. Cargojet didn't exsist and Kelowna flightcraft was only flying out in Kelowna and the west.

Will AEGD succed who knows. From what I have herd from people in the planing feild(not anyone related to the city) There are companies that are hoping to develop on the land out there.