View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 12, 2017, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by logicbomb View Post
Don't care what everyone here claims but there's a significantly higher number of motorists on the road this year compared to last year. Every damn corridor this AM rush was clogged including Hwy #1 which was stop-and-go from 156 ST to North Van. I would usually bypass the Burnaby Lake congestion by going on Winston to Lougheed, but no dice today as many motorist opted to do the same.

My commute is averaging 1hr nowadays vs the 20-30min in previous years. I bypassed Hwy #1 during the PM hours by going through Burnaby/New West and made it home sooner.

Vehicle stalls and accidents are increasing as a result and causing significant delays.
Not to sound like a broken record player but it will get much much worse. Look at population growth (as a result of high immigration rate), current congestion, and planned infrastructure projects. I came to the realization after sitting down and analyzing everything that this region is about to face a complete transportation network failure and I have left the city/country. In today's world being able to get around easily is important. Take that away and you might as well live in Mumbai. And no, public transit wont be able to handle the loads and will be equally congested and overcrowded and slow. Any sort of catch up in infrastructure will take decades and require a complete reversal in policies today (not tomorrow) and require massive investments in roads/highways, public transit and ALL infrastructure that helps people get around by giving them options. With current immigration rates and population growth it would probably be logistically impossible to catch up anyways but people live here and someone has to try. This will be your entire life in Vancouver and it will get much worse.