View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 1, 2009, 6:01 PM
Honored Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empire View Post
Perhaps the developers at DC would be interested in modifing their residential plans for DC north? (the Quarry). If a condo development were to incorporate a stadium then costs could be reduced dramitically for the stadium superstructure. Perhaps HRM could help by allowing more height for the Stadium Suites Condos so it would be even more feasible. These suites would not be for everyone but I think they would have great market appeal for a specific segment. There could be additional parking under the field and of course across the field ffrom the residential component would be the Stadium Suites Hotel.

This is an interesting photo except if the stands are going to be covered then the condo apartments would have to be at the end zones.

I imagine a roof over the entire seating area with roof support columns between the first and second tier of seating; just keep them to a minimum. This would mean a few obstructed seats but a few obstructed seats is a small price to pay for comfort on a rainy day. I think that the roof might have to be heated during the winter to melt snow (I have heard of this being done in another stadium). If the snow load is kept to a minimum then the superstructure for the roof can be built lighter and less expensively. The concourse would be between the first and second tier of seating similar in design to the Halifax Metro Centre. This would be necessary since the first tier would be the retaining wall for the excavated quarry. I will try to do a diagram.