View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 10, 2009, 11:07 PM
I am a typical

I remember in 1993 or 1994, when I lived right across from County Fair, how the whole neighbourhood was talking about the clover leaf that was going to be built right near us. It never happened.

They have done studies to improve the highway between Thunder Bay 2 or 3 times in my lifetime, and that's just two decades. Never goes anywhere. The latest plan has them, instead of improving the existing highway, spending millions on getting private land and building a third corridor between the city and Crystal Beach. The Shabaqua Extension alone took 15 years to complete phase one, and they worked it down from a four lane divided highway between here and Shabaqua that was going to replace Arthur Street and 102 to a two lane road to the weight scales that no one uses. And they spent how much on it? 60 million? It doesn't even go anywhere near the community it's named after!

Most of the Thunder Bay Expressway doesn't even have light towers! One stretch between 102 and John Street and right by the airport has illumination and that's it.