View Single Post
Old Posted May 4, 2015, 2:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly-Drew View Post
You're showing off that camera huh summers? I love it! Great pics. Having a vantage point like the Belmont Plateau is so great. We are lucky to have it. With the construction in U-City, our skyline is changing from sort of a gradual buildup in the center, to sort of a gully approaching the river.

I've always wondered if the Belmont Plateau had any influence on the direction the parkway was laid out. From the Plateau you can almost see right down the parkway to City Hall.

I love Philadelphia.
Ditto that! I keep thinking Philadelphia's changing from a city bound by two rivers into one that straddles the Schuylkill.

Speaking of UCity and the FMC vicinity, I wandered around that area today, especially the University Hospital district. I really wanted to see the new CHoP building, the round one with all the colors. I've only ever driven through that area. It was so cool to walk through it and see what really amounts to its own city. I felt like I was somewhere else. Same for UCity. I'd love to see something massive land at 36th and Market, something that really rivals Center City's tallest. The changes out there are wild. West Philly should probably have its own general developments thread.