View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 2, 2012, 5:43 PM

Want to know how to end the conversation? Interject your extreme political or religious views. I know because I've been guilty of it myself.

Anyway, as Sacramentans I don't see why we should support the HSR. It doesn't do anything for our economy. It's ridiculous. The whole idea is to link LA with SFBA which is fine but it's way too costly and leaves out the 3rd and 4th largest metro areas in the state. Is there even going to be enough riders to justify the cost? It's not going to be cheap to ride the HSR. A lot of the N-S back and forth is made by moderate income earners. Also since LA is still such a automobile-orientated town I just don't believe the projected ridership numbers. People are going rightly reason that once they get to LA they are going to have to have a car to get around... which is another added cost.

We should focus on connecting the major cities of Northern California together first and then tackle the N-S link after that.

We should be asking/seeking/demanding an upgrade of the Capitol Line - with dedicated tracks (independent of freight/Amtrak), improved stations, and high-speed trains that go right into downtown San Francisco either by way of a new under-the-bay tunnel or by putting tracks back on the bridge.

I never hear this coming out of the mouths of any leaders in Sacramento, why not?

What do you think this will do for the Sacramento economy?

BTW San Diego should be asking for the same thing - connecting SD with LA with a HSR.

Last edited by ozone; Apr 2, 2012 at 6:13 PM.