View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 6, 2012, 5:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tujunga View Post
The centerpoint of Los Angeles is really quite embarrassing to anyone who's been to a Chicago or NYC. The final verdict; the tower has an immense lack of imagination (where ARE you Hollywood?). The architect firm, who made a career of making non-serious buildings for non-serious people, were inspired by the shape of a car transmission as the crowning achievement of the most illustrious city in the world. The obviously-late 80's endless-pastel-nightmare color scheme will trap the LA skyline in that decade forever. This is a dreadful building and an eyesore to the gods of the San Andreas fault. I can see why they blew it up in the film Independence Day!

Oh Brother

Another tired rip on the US bank tower. Obviously another east coster hate trip.
The US tower is fine and hollywood loves. I've been to Chicago, the buildings are tall but placed in a messy order and New York only has two building of beauty surrounded by architectural noise and clutter. Oh you forgot to add the Freedom tower to that list. That is the most uninspiring square peg shoved in a round hole design I've ever seen, that site deserves better peace out.
-
:yawn:

You're allowing yourself to be pigeon-holed as an Angeleno with something to prove to NYC and the other "global cities" of the world. We're all quite aware that L.A. is a huge city with a lot to offer, so calm down. I like the tallest building in L.A. (whatever it's called) because it's right in the middle of the CBD and is taller than the surrounding buildings.

Two buildings of beauty? Are you insane? NYC has 100s of awesome buildings, you're clearly being biased.

And Chicago is laid out perfectly. It's 1/3 or 2/5ths as big as NYC in terms of combined CBD(s), yet looks more than half as big due to it's arrangement of skyscrapers.

Do you look up to Chicago as well as New York like a big brother you have something to prove to?

P.S. Hire an editor