View Single Post
Old Posted May 10, 2010, 8:52 PM

My Analysis

Novelea:

The roundabout looks excellent for the location. I have not used the intersection much so I cannot comment on the traffic flow or pedestrian problems there might already be however on an asthetic note a roundabout at the north-side of Hydrostone could be a nice gateway for the neighbourhood just like the Market is for the south.

Cunard:

Good idea logically and asthetically. A single lane roundabout would aid motorists turning left from North Park onto Cunard. Also it would have the more subtle benefit of adding a bit of parkland onto the Commons. I dislike the awkward piece of grass left in front of the Armoury though.

Willow Tree:

This one's iffy to me. It would make sense to upgrade the intersection but this looks like an Armdale Roundabout placed in the middle of town. The large radius and multiple lanes would make pedestrians trying to cross a bit nervous.

Ahern/Trollope:

Good idea for a bad intersection. I don't particularily like that it is going to be two lanes however the crosswalks are near the intersection and since two of the roads are one-way and traffic volumes aren't overly high this shouldn't pose as serious problem.