Thread: Springfield, MA
View Single Post
Old Posted May 9, 2011, 2:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryson662001 View Post
Yea Springfield is one of those places that some people love to trash talk and honestly I don't know if it is as bad as they say but it looked pretty good to me. I was even more impressed with some of the surrounding suburban towns like Longmeadow, East Longmeadow, Wilbraham (home of Friendly Ice Cream) and South Hadley and others I can't remember. It seemed to me like a great place to raise a family.
From growing up in Connecticut I can tell you that trash talking cities in Connecticut and Massachusetts (except for Boston of course) is the thing to do and it annoys the heck out of me! Springfield, Worcester, Hartford, New Haven, Bridgeport and many other places in between deserve a lot more love than they are receiving now. Many of the suburbanites of these cities grew up in and around them when they were thriving and they subsequently witnessed their decline (and in some cases slow revival). Their views were then passed onto their entire families and offspring and now the majority of people view the actual city as dangerous, desolate, blighted, etc. I tend to take these comments much more seriously than comments made about NYC for instance because NYC can live with the small handful of people who dislike it for whatever reason it may is.
Anyway that’s my rant! And this is a Springfield thread but another great New England city not mentioned is Providence