View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 26, 2019, 1:43 AM
Burger Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelTown View Post
An electric bus from Proterra is in Hamilton for testing this week, the second model of three that the city will look at as it studies the feasibility of electric buses. HSR began testing electric buses at the beginning of December 2018. The electric bus is not in service, but is shadowing existing buses on a proposed itinerary that provides for different route geography, including three different escarpment crossings, long and short-range route options, different spans of operation to test battery drain, as well as reaching as many different areas of the city that residents may benefit from a less intrusive vehicle. A traditional HSR bus rolls up Hunter Street behind city hall past its innovative cousin.

Video Link

https://www.thespec.com/news-story/9...-electric-bus/
This bus looks longer/larger and better looking than the bus I posted photos of back in November. I'm loving this one. I hope the city shares the pros and cons of each of the 3 buses so we as transit riders and tax payers can all have a say or at least knowledge of the process as to why they went with the one they choose!