View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 9, 2011, 5:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pesto View Post
Sounds pretty reasonable. Transit and repair of highways at the top; expansion of short segements or connections after that. New highways only where needed.
The only major "missing connection" in L.A. that I can think of is the 710 segment from Pasadena down to I-10. Hopefully that will be completed as a tunnel someday.

The other one would be the 105 extension from the 605 to the 5, but I think that one is not even planned as far as I know, and I doubt the will (or funding) is there for that one.

I know the next major freeway expansion has (I believe) already started with the widening of I-5 from the OC line to the 605. That expansion is desperately needed. I know there are carpool lane projects already underway on the Golden State Freeway and the 405 (Carmaggedon anyone?).

But I think the age of "new highways/freeways" is over in the L.A. metro. Not only would it be financially difficult, politically it is impossible.

Light rail, heavy rail, and BRT is the future in the L.A. metro, which is a good thing.