View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 29, 2010, 12:56 AM
cities|transit|croissants

OMG, awesome.

I totally agree with you that the big problem with every previous Denver map has been that downtown appeared too small. They're all too geographic and not diagrammatic enough. Your solution is great.

A few thoughts:
  • You ought to go ahead and include parking and the fare zones. Make it as complete as possible.
  • I think your line name markers should be placed as close as possible to the end of each line (so "Golden" is next to Jeffco Gov't Center station, etc). That makes it even more clear, in case someone needs a grayscale version.
  • I think a few of your line names should be rethought:
    • "Golden" should be renamed "Lakewood" since there's a possibility the Avada line could one day be extended to Golden.
    • "Mineral" should just be "Southwest" since Mineral won't be the last station for much longer.
    • "Arapahoe" should be either "Southeast" or "Tech Center" since, well, I just don't identify "Arapahoe" as a meaningful place.
    • "Flatirons" should be "Longmont" since both Boulder corridor lines will stop at Flatiron Crossing.
    • ... Or simplify and either name each line after its last station, or give it a color ("Red Line", etc).