View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 19, 2012, 8:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chikinlittle View Post
If line that came down Hastings, through Gastown to Waterfront, continued to Coal Harbour, Denman/Georgia, English Bay, and then across to Kits, Beach, Arbutus/4th, Broadway/Arbutus to meet UBC line, I think it would be quite beneficial. If would give people from the West Side a more direct connection to downtown. No not as direct as straight up Burrard street, but would also allow connecting much of the West End and Coal Harbour to the rapid transit network.

That's exactly something I've dreamed for ages!! (do you know how to draw that? I'd love to see a render)

In fact, I'd like to add that IMO, although the upcoming Evergreen Line, and the prospective extension of the M Line to UBC, both represent the culmination and completion of the RRT system in Vancouver for the foreseeable future, this line mentioned above could, and should, be added to the "completion" of the Vancouver RRT system. It could be called anything but something like the Transbay like would convey its direction, and its east-west reach across town