View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 17, 2009, 4:37 AM

I realised something when I was walking around the North-End earlier today. The area is filled with cyclists but on my entire trip (see my photo thread for the path) I didn't see a single 'Share the Road' sign or bicycle lane.

Someone who lives in the area might have a better idea but I was thinking they could easily install a bicycle lane on Agricola between Almon and Younge, have the bicycle lane run up Young to Windsor and down Windsor to the existing bicycle lane. And if they either installed bicycle lanes or 'Share the Road' signs on the remainder of Agricola down to Cunard, and on North Park and bicycle lanes on both Trollope and Ahern there would be continuous bicycle path from University/Morris to Strawberry Hill.

IMO Halifax needs one long bicycle friendly path that connects the major areas. Once thats built then the city could branch out to other areas like a bicycle lane from Agricola to the McDonald Bridge, Windsor to Quinpool, and Brunswick to South Park.

Seeing the low traffic and the straight, flat terrain of Agricola I think the street should serve as the main bicycle corridor on the Peninsula. What do you guys think though?