View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 1, 2011, 8:37 PM
bro

Smile

Nice picture, Haljacky. Which night of Rock the Park was that taken? My friends and I walked down on the last night when Sloan, Our Lady Peace and Stone Temple Pilots played. We were down on the western rocky bank by the river, on the far far left of your photo. It was totally a lot of fun skipping stones across the Thames whilst listening to Sloan play 200ft away. Sucked that the concert got dumped on before STP got on stage, though. But the hilarious atmosphere created by the rain was definitely fun in itself. People running to take cover under trees, and the mass exodus up the Harris hill to Dufferin. That was basically the first rain in like two weeks from what I remember.

Also, I've always imagined what a sleek glass tower could do for that river view if built on the Fullerton/Queens lot. If it was a decent height (twenty-ish stories) it would totally balance out the beige and definitely complement the Brute-house and Harriston. I'm really happy that that's still an empty lot, means my daydreaming can continue unabated.

Anyway, here's another shot from my rooftop just in case you guys haven't gotten completely sick of it yet. This time I made sure to get both TD towers in frame for the lovely Simpseatles

(click to enlarge)