View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 22, 2011, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolognium View Post
I really hate those underpasses for pedestrians. I walk under them a good 5+ times a week and they're always extremely unpleasant. Dark, wet, loud and stinky. Also, some jerks riding motorcycles love to punch it down there making it louder. The Richmond underpass also drips water on you from above and has untamed plants growing everywhere. If London ever wants to rehabilitate SoHo, they're definitely gonna have to improve those underpasses. SoHo's connections to downtown are already limited due to Talbot, Clarence and Waterloo being cut by the CNR line. Then when you throw those ancient 1930's underpasses in the mix you're left with Colborne and Ridout being the only two somewhat attractive pedestrian crossings and even they suck.

However, I do love the vibe you get from the underpasses when you drive through them. Everything I hate about walking under them makes me like them when driving under. All gritty and big-city feeling.

There you go, London. I want it both ways. Make it happen.
I love going under the Wellington underpass by car. It's the gateway into downtown, really. And it does give that big city feel.