View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 26, 2017, 1:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallsy's Toupee View Post
All I'll say is this - I consider myself liberal but I abhor identity politics and out-of-hand political correctness. But I certainly won't vote for populist wingnuts like O'Leary or Kenney in reaction to all that, which I think is why Brexit and Trump succeeded.

I'm all for inclusiveness, equal opportunities for everyone, equal rights for all, equal pay for women, gay marriage, reconciliation with first nations, anti-racist, anti-Islamaphobic and all that. What I don't like is being told I'm a bad person for being a privileged white male. Listen, had fate dealt me one wrong card, I could just as well have ended up living in a small-town trailer park, pumping gas for a living and selling meth on the side because I have to shell out child support to the toothless crack whores I've humped - how privileged is that?? No, I worked my ass off to get to where I am now and it wasn't easy. So that's why I don't believe that people are owed a living just for being in a so-called under-privileged group - get rid of the barriers to success but nobody should get any mulligans.

100% agree.

Im conservative and a Liberal. Both parties and Ideologies have pros and Cons. Hell...Ive even voted NDP...Gasp! I look for the Leader and the message.

Ive voted Liberal in the past. Federally!

I didn't grow up in a country that made it illegal to question the government and religion, I grew up in a country that was proud of questioning government and religion! and oddly, that movement used to be lead by Liberals! Liberals today are not LIBERAL! they are ideological Tyrants!

Last edited by Black Star; Mar 26, 2017 at 5:53 AM.