View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 7, 2013, 2:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck From NY View Post
-
I wonder if we'll ever get any roller coasters of the kind you would find at a Six Flags or Cedar Fair park.

An older-model of this type would be awesome if it could be purchased from another park/owner (although I'm sure there would be issues with cost/space:
Video Link
Well Zamperla is a bit smaller of a company. If we were talking Six Flags or Cedar Fair, your top choices for manufacturers would be Bollinger and Mabillard, Intamin, Great Coasters International, or Vekoma. Vekoma is cheap, and GCI means quality wooden coasters. B and M is unlikely, and they are very expensive, and with Intamin. The best coasters however, are Intamin, in my opinion. Also the coaster in the above video is built by Arrow Dynamics, who used to basically own the industry. But in 2000 (I think it was) they went bankrupt, so the chances of seeing a Arrow coaster are slim to none. They did get bought out by S and S Worldwide though, so an S and S coaster is not too far out of reach.
As far as space goes, that wouldn't be an issue. Intamin is highly capable of making compact rides, just as B and M can. But if you really want awesome rides for as little space as possible, look no further than Gerstlauer. Their eurofighters are some of the most fun rides for their space. Look up The Smiler at Alton Towers, Dare Devil Dive of SFOG, or Rock Bottom Plunge at Mall of America. So its obvious that they have the options of better rides, its just whatever the park thinks they need that will go in. Only time will tell I guess.