View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 21, 2022, 3:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catcher_of_cats View Post
Renderings like these drive me slightly mad in that they show no context to the real world at all. They might as well just through trees everywhere and pretend that it is growing out of a forest or just fog it all in. There is literally a cemetery directly beside this property with Battlefield house across the street, not to mention that Centennial rises rapidly here to climb the escarpment.
This is by Urban Solutions. They're not known for their quality renders. They are typically hired in 3 circumstances:

1) To provide cheap renders for a low budget development, smaller developments and the like

2) To provide a preliminary render that is eventually handed off to a better architect which provides a better render.

3) Preliminary renders to show massing before a serious proposal is made.

Considering this render is coming before an application I suspect it's one of these three and we may see a better render by a better architect at some point. Urban Solutions provides incredibly lackluster designs with really bad layouts, site plan, and often lacks any interesting design elements. They are the Google SketchUp render architect.

Follow me on Twitter: https://x.com/ham_bicycleguy?t=T_fx3...SIZNGfD4A&s=09