View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 3, 2007, 7:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arriviste View Post
An Answer to postulation 1: The Bow.

In all honesty, I'd like to see something that took the architect more than an afternoon to conceptualize. This is just lazy, unoriginal architecture. Its design by committee crap that panders to the widest possible cross section of society which is its single biggest issue. I can understand the reasoning behind doing so, but I can't appreciate that rationale. This is merely a building, not art which is a god damned shame. When budgets as large as this is presumably, I would prefer to see something that took talent, imagination, and more than an afternoon flipping through an architectural history book browsing for details from history to pillage. This thing just lacks a conceptual foot to stand on, and for that I hate it.
Like a Robert Bateman painting. Sure it takes skill I guess, but technical ability and imagination are two very different things.
I like the Bow as well, but surely there must be some other examples. I'm not trying to be a pain here, I just want to have some understanding of what would be better, and also fit someone's budget. Obviously, LaCaille doesn't have a billion dollars to spend on this.