View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 7, 2013, 6:35 AM
Look at me!

I know I've brought this up before, but I still can't believe that Bumbaru and Heritage Montreal are actively trying to save Viger square. I mean, have some sense of aesthetics.

Quote:
The feeling of public rejection felt from the very beginning of the redevelopment of Square Viger by artists is associated with disputes surrounding the expressway and facilities separated from other parts of the square, cut off from the street. This interfered with the completion of the original plans for Agora and, above all, its public use. The square’s urban environment is still inhospitable and dominated by traffic on streets serving the expressway. The lack of real activity in the sector makes it a poorly frequented area, associated with marginality and urban violence, two factors that now serve as a pretext justifying the indifference of the government and its desire to demolish it all without seeking to understand the significance of this site which, in 2009, offers great potential, since its trees have grown and new generations of artists and residents are discovering its possibilities. Agora is now threatened with demolition because of faults unfairly attributed to it.
http://www.heritagemontreal.org/en/a...-viger-square/