View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 19, 2008, 8:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverberation View Post
It doesn't need to be. There is not anything geographic to condense it. It feels like what it is, a transportation and media hub. And the terrain is nice too. I believe that downtown Atlanta sits on the eastern continental divide. And I still keep up with Rhythm and Vibes in WRAS, I just would rather live here.
nothing but the unplanned road system and related horrendous traffic, and the sudden popularity to live at an in-town address. at least texas cities have a grid and seem to be developing around it (looking around houston with google earth is pretty surprising, so many places have developed dense townhouse style narrow houses... it very much reminds me of certain parts of detroit actually - dense single family.

atlanta is a completely different animal, probably the closest comparison would be charlotte, on a different scale of course... (you forgot education hub as well, gsu, gatech, emory, kennesaw st, clark-atlanta university and the rest of the schools in the AUC, oglethorpe, clayton st, etc)