View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 5, 2013, 1:30 AM

Great posts Signal. I love reading these kinds of stories. Glad to see this province being appreciated for the beauty it has to offer.

On another note, did anyone manage to catch the VOCM news late this afternoon on the radio? I don't usually listen to VOCM but I was at my dad's today and partially overheard Mayor O'Keefe on the news discussing something about having to look beyond heritage regulations when approving developments, and he specifically mentioned the Marriot Extension. I really wish I could have heard this more closely but I am wondering if he was explaining why sometimes we have to look beyond height regulations and maybe, preparing the public for an announcement of a development where we will need to do this (based on rumours I have been reading here lately).

Edit: I do also recall hearing him talking about heritage, and having to preserve the oldest street in North America.

I dunno, I am going to give him a chance. We do need to find a balance of preserving what is worth saving and moving ahead with modern development.....and I hope he can achieve that.

Last edited by J_Murphy; Jan 5, 2013 at 3:07 AM.