View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 3, 2011, 9:52 PM

http://www.caledonenterprise.com/com...ing-community/

Quote:
At Tuesday’s council meeting, councillors were presented a report on well-being.
And it was apparent, some of Caledon isn’t doing so well.
Ron Munro, vice chair of the Headwaters Communities in Action Group, and Sylvia Cheuy of Mandala Associates, consultants to the Headwaters Communities in Action, shared statistics that attacked the idea of complete communities and live/work in Caledon.
The Headwaters Community well-being report shows Caledon has a 75 per cent commuter rate.
But while some praised the report, Caledon’s mayor went on the defensive and questioned its accuracy.
“I had some questions,” said Mayor Marolyn Morrison. “I’m not positive some of it is correct.”
Asked to clarify, Morrison said Caledon showed more positive results in the Region of Peel comparators, and that led her to believe some of the Headwaters report may be inaccurate.
Ward 1 Area Councillor Doug Beffort called the report great and said other prominent politicians in Ontario have given it a resounding thumbs up.
“Through the work we’ve done on visioning in Caledon Village, a lot of the same issues kept coming up,” he told Cheuy. “I spoke with John Tory (former MPP for Dufferin-Caledon) about it, and he worked with it, and he said he felt it was one of the best reports he’d seen.”
Beffort went on to say he is excited to continue to work with a report that isolates so many of Caledon’s issues with Caledon specific statistics.