View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 7, 2018, 11:31 PM

Unhappy Eastline Project, 2100 Telegraph St, Oakland CA

"Zoned for the potential development of up to 1,556 residential units, 2.8 million square feet of office space or a combination of the two, the preliminary plans for the proposed “Eastline” project to rise across the entire 3-acre Uptown Oakland block bounded by Telegraph, Broadway, 21st and 22nd Streets had envisioned a mixed-use development with 880,000 square feet of large-floor-plate office space which could accommodate around 4,500 tech workers; a 397-foot tower with 395 residential units inside; 85,000 square feet of street-level retail; and six levels of parking for 1,750 cars, the overall design for which has since been refined by Gensler as newly rendered below.

At the same time, plans for a potential “all office” scenario rising up to 420 feet in height have been drafted and newly rendered as well, an approach which would yield 1.45 million square feet of office space; 80,000 square feet of ground floor retail; and six levels of parking with 2,050 spaces for both public and private use.

Which of the draft plans for the 2100 Telegraph site will be pursued has yet to be determined."

http://www.socketsite.com/archives/2...own-block.html

Credit via Socketsite

According the the EIR report, the Eastline Project could break ground as early as this year. Though, i find that doubtful at this stage. I have mixed feelings aesthetically about both designs, but fundamentally feel that adding only office space is not very responsible by the developer. Considering the project's location, it should absolutely be a mixed development. While I am also not a fan of a parking block at the bottom of towers, i feel that replacing some of the parking that would be taken away is vital. Particularly considering it proximity to both the Fox and Paramount theaters. Hopefully that will be tucked away somewhere inside of the block. Also, did i mention i miss Giant Burger?