View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 6, 2011, 2:08 AM
Fake News

[QUOTE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by frinkprof;5114962

[I
Also, your transformation is almost complete O-tacular. First the move to the suburbs, next a verbose rant about inadequate road/interchange infrastructure. You just need to verbally oppose anything new being built near your residence, yell at some kids to get off your lawn and brag about the nearby school site (that won't be built upon until your kids are too old to attend it).[/I]
Ahaha! So true Frinkprof. I feel so strange being on this end of the spectrum. Next is a minivan, 1.5 kids and a golden retriever. But I still hold no illusions for a school being built in time for my future kids to attend. As for opposing development near my future home, I say bring it!!! The sooner they can build the SELRT and develop Seton the better!!! Density all the way!!! Give me some credit, It's not like I'm living in a single family home or driving an SUV.

As for the rant about traffic and interchanges, if you had to drive the route I do every day and see the sheer stupidity and inadequacy of the current road network you'd rant too!!! Although I must take back my comment about wanting them to fix Glenmore before the SELRT. I want both to be built as soon as possible. The more we can do to lessen idling cars and general traffic congestion, the less CO2 we emit. And let me point out that my moving to the far SE does not conflict with my urban and environmental beliefs. I am reducing my trip to work from an hour, to 10 mins. Also, the area I am moving to will be a future TOD with high density and an abundant mix of retail, office, and residential.

/End overlong defence of my suburban transformation.