View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 16, 2007, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Our model cities should be Portland, first, Denver, Second. Maybe Salt Lake, but have not been there recently.
BrianSac I don’t know why you would say Salt Lake City or Denver for that matter? Neither of these cities is very outstanding when you compare them to all the other cities around the globe we could possibly emulate.

Quote:
The cities that I like have a special cool energy about them, you just love to be in them, i.e., NYC, LA (despite the cars and suburbs), SF, Seattle, New Orleans (pre-katrina), Chicago, Miami Beach, etc.....Portland just doesnt have that energy, despite its greenery, hills, rivers. I'd like to think that Sacramento could be more than that.
All the cities on your list have a distinctive look, style and feel to them. I may not appreciate that style, look or feel as others do but I can feel their “energy”. I can’t tell how many people have said to me over the years that Sacramento just “doesn’t do it” for them. Sacramento is always cited as a good place to test market something because we are so average. Average isn’t very exciting.

If we ask ourselves what the Sacramento look or style is could we come up with an answer? We have to do better than “It’s not the Bay Area" or it’s close to something else.

Last edited by ozone; Mar 16, 2007 at 11:09 PM.