View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 19, 2012, 2:14 AM

Sprawling? Huh?

My response to you.

Quote:
Please explain to me what this is walling off? The sights of the river driving down 95???

You sound like a NIMBY. There is nothing behind this building but an on Ramp to 95 and 95 itself...

Also, since there is now a 100' height limit on the Waterfront... this is the designs we are going to be getting from now on, not sleek thin modern towers like we could be getting if this city wasn't obsessed with everything being shorter than 100'
Edit/Delete Message
Aro1419's response to you
Quote:
There is a 100 ft height limit on developments along the waterfront. I don't think that you will be seeing tall thin modern towers there in the foreseeable future. How is this suburban, anyway? It's 130 ft. tall with 296 apartments. This is the type of high density development that the waterfront needs in order to grow into a real neighborhood.

Aside from all of that, the new rendering looks a hundred times better. They nixed the cheesy orange color for something that will definitely age better. Plus, the front of the building in this rendering is less walled off than that of the older rendering, and even adds some green space and beauty. The article also mentions an included retail space, which is great. All in all, this is a rare case where we can actually thank the nimbys for making a project much better.