View Single Post
Old Posted May 10, 2016, 7:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cro Burnham View Post
Can't be bothered by any of this.

Blatstein essentially wants to build a multistory garage here and need variances (rightly) to do so. Pretends he's going to build some adjacent highrises.

Gets shot down by a moronic councilman.

Who cares?

If he had just proposed something reasonable with in the very permissive zoning envelope the site comes with, none of this would have been a problem.

He proposes something offensive and arouses offensive responses.

What's surprising about all this.
I would generally agree with you in thinking Blatstein doesn't either plan on or have the stones to build the whole project in one go, but the high rise part of this project is not what he needs the City's OK to build, so why bother with even showing any thing beyond the big boxes and his roof top village.

The surrounding neighbors might be more approving if the high rise parts weren't part of the plan

Sure some of us in the public get teased by the idea of a big development but I don't think the zoning board of adjustment, or whoever has to sign off on his plans, is going to either agree or disagree with his request based on some drawings showing a tower or two (esp. since its not even a particularly creative or special tower).

So, I really don't know what he is up to. But I certainly don't think the present plans are what we will see built there hopefully in the near term future.