View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 29, 2018, 2:05 PM
The Fruit of Discipline

Toronto is confidence, boldness, diversity, freedom and possibilities!

The city gets better and better every year, all varieties of lifestyles exist here in abundance, you just have to search for that niche as the city is large enough to be oblivious of major goings-on.

The Toronto Indy, Taste of the Danforth, street festivals, Caribana, TIFF, events at the Brickworks, daily events at the convention center, major ethnic events (with 10's of thousands of people in venues such as the Rogers Center), concerts at the Scotiabank Center, festivals at Dundas Square, nightclubs, bars, CNE events, sports games (other than TFC), etc., etc. I for the life of me have no idea when these events occur, I just know, on any given day, at any given time, I'll find something, big or small somewhere! All major arteries are filled with people and the energy is alive with commerce and sex!

The crazy part is, there are so many commercial, residential, public infrastructure and public realm improvements under construction that this city will keep growing and improving for years to come even if there's a crash and recession tomorrow! Never seen so many Pennsylvania, Arizona, New York, Quebec, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Florida and California plates on the streets, seems like 10% of the cars on the road downtown are from out of province.

Rob Ford couldn't slow us down, SARS is barely remembered, even little mom and pop stores which were so broke and run down you'd think they'd fold are now upping their game and thriving due to the increased population downtown and on the arteries. The city of now and the city of the future, all cylinders baby!!

by Liv Lynch on flickr

by Jan Miranda on flickr

by Patrick Lawe on flickr

Last edited by mistercorporate; Jul 29, 2018 at 2:23 PM.