View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 3, 2020, 5:40 PM
Plenary pleasures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardecila View Post
I agree the site could use a cultural destination. The newest site plan shows something resembling the Culture Shed that Related built at Hudson Yards, but without any further description from Related it’s just a cool-looking blob...
Yeah I noticed that too; I think once the plans are fleshed out further, that 'shed' will have some actual purpose, other than a placeholder, rando design feature. You are totally correct that there needs to be a dedicated cultural destination, considering this is being planned as a fully functional neighborhood.

I understand now what you mean, SIGSEGV. Personally, I think allocating a good chunk of green space is always a good idea. My only gripe with the design is why have the Crescent park in the middle? It just seems more logical/natural to have it along the river, and have more than just a riverwalk, but a more diverse and continuous ecosystem, rather than the split-up that the site plan shows. That way, LaSalle street wouldn't have to have that silly job, it could just be a straight shot from Roosevelt to 15th St.